Changing Ireland Community Media CLG seeks a freelance journalist to play a national role as a multi-media reporter and digital sub-editor (22+ hrs per week). Established in 2001, Changing Ireland is an independent, community-based, not-for-profit which publishes a popular magazine and online news focused on community development and social inclusion.
For more details, scroll down or click image to download.
22+ hours per week. Freelance Contract. National role. Remote working / Limerick office. Full professional payrate. Travel expenses.
Changing Ireland is Ireland’s No.1 community development magazine, publishing quality journalism for 21 years online and in our print magazine. Community-based, not-for-profit. Positive news for a change.
What will the role involve?
· Building our online presence and engagement with followers/readers. Assisting in posting content online and sharing on social media.
· Finding and telling stories about communities across Ireland which engage as
· many readers as possible. Focus on stories of interest to people working in community development.
· Producing journalism in various formats – written articles, video, audio and photos.
If you have any queries, email: email@example.com
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- · Relevant journalism qualification.
- · At least two years’ experience working in journalism/media.
- · Experience of quality online storytelling.
- · Social media skills – to help us grow our audience.
- · Knowledge or experience of the value of community development.If your wish to apply for this role, note the following:
If your wish to apply for this role, note the following:
Deadline to apply: Thurs, Sept 15th (5pm).
To apply, email your CV with a Cover Letter and Samples of Your Work (links acceptable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: To take place shortly after deadline. This role is ready to fill immediately.